The 8th International Conference on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, titled ‘Research, Results and Relevance’, will be held from March 6-9th in Vancouver British Columbia.
The conference is a collaboration of experts from various disciplines to share research on prevention, diagnosis and intervention. Objectives of the conference include:
- Collaborate on how emerging research can be applied to individuals with FASD
- Broaden knowledge on current research happening in the field
- Exchange knowledge through dialogue sessions, networking and meetings
- Create partnerships among researchers, networks, governments, communities, service providers and families from around the world
Who can attend the conference?
- Researchers, scientists, FASD specialists
- Students, educators
- Clinicians, health/mental health clinicians, physicians
- Addictions specialists, primary prevention workers, child welfare professionals
- Women’s service providers, justice workers
- Elected officials, policy makers, administrators
- Community members, family members and anyone interested in advanced understanding in the field of FASD
Several CanFASD Research Leads, Associates, and Staff will be presenting at the conference. See the conference brochure here for details.
Pre-registration prior to Feb 1, 2019 is strongly recommended to ensure you receive all conference materials. For conference details and registration, visit this page.